Welcome to Jann’s online office. From this page you can get information on many of the most common requests that we receive. You can still contact us by phone or email as usual but you may find the links on this page allow you to find the information you need.

If you have difficulty finding what you want here, or need to talk to someone, please phone the office on
(07) 5598 1387 and we’ll be happy to assist.

Looking for funding?

Funding for community and not-for-profit organisations can be obtained from a number of sources ranging from Local Authorities and State and Federal agencies. Click here to access a Queensland Government site which lists many funding opportunities.

The Queensland Government has also set up a Grant Wizard website to assist finding grant opportunities.

Request a letter of support for a grant

If you need a letter of support or referee for your funding grant application, please contact the office with the details of your organisation’s application.

Electoral enrolment

If you need to enrol to vote for the first time or you have changed addresses you will need to fill out an electoral enrolment form which can be downloaded through the Australian Electoral Commission website. AEC manages enrolments in federal, state and local government elections. To download the form click on this link forms page which will take you to the AEC “Electoral Enrolment Forms – All States and Territories” page. Click on the Queensland link to download the form (PDF 74 KB).

If you have questions about voting, elections or electorates you will probably find the information by visiting the AEC website.

Request for congratulatory message

If you, a relative or close friend is celebrating a significant birthday (90 or 100) or wedding anniversary (50, 60, 65 or 70) please click on this link to download and print off the official form (PDF 6 kbs).

You can also visit my office at 1045 Gold Coast Highway, Palm Beach and fill out a form in person.

School Term Dates and Public Holidays for 2016

The following term dates apply to all State Schools in the electorate:

Term Dates Length
Term 1 Wednesday 27 January – Thursday 24 March 2016 9 weeks
Term 2 Monday 11 April – Friday 24 June 2016 11 weeks
Term 3 Monday 11 July – Friday 16 September 2016 10 weeks
Term 4 Tuesday 4 October – Friday 9 December 2016 10 weeks

The following public holidays will apply in Queensland:

Holiday Date Holiday Type Area
New Year’s Day Friday, 1 January 2016 Public QLD Wide
Australia Day Tuesday, 26 January 2016 Public QLD Wide
Good Friday Friday, 25 March 2016 Public QLD Wide
Easter Saturday Saturday, 26 March 2016 Public QLD Wide
Easter Monday Monday, 28 March 2016 Public QLD Wide
Anzac Day Monday, 25 April 2016 Public QLD Wide
Labour Day Monday, 2 May 2016 Public QLD Wide
Queen’s Birthday Monday, 3 October 2016 Public QLD Wide
Christmas Day Sunday, 25 December 2016 Public QLD Wide
Boxing Day Monday, 26 December 2016 Public QLD Wide
Christmas Day (additional holiday) Tuesday, 27 December 2016 Public QLD Wide

Do you want to be a JP or Commissioner for Declarations?

Justices of the Peace and Commissioners for Declarations are highly-respected members of the community who play an important role in modern society. They are voluntary workers in Queensland’s legal system and perform a range of judicial and administrative functions.

In a complex legal environment these people provide a variety of specialised services to the legal system and the Queensland public.

The duties of a JP (Qualified) are more onerous than those of a Commissioners for Declarations. If you want more information please read the Justice Department Fact Sheet by clicking on this link.

Application forms are available from my Electorate Office, or you can download forms by clicking here If you have any further questions, or would like Jann to mail you an application form just contact the electorate office.

JPs in your neighbourhood

If you need the services of a JP in your suburb just click on this link which will take you to a State Government site with a complete listing by suburb.

If you’d like a list of JP services available in local shopping centres, please click this link

Request for a Queensland flag

Organisations, generally not-for-profit or community groups, may be eligible for a free Queensland flag if they meet the conditions issued by the Department of Premier and Cabinet.

Those eligible include schools, tertiary institutions, Scouts, other youth organisations, service associations such as Rotary and Lions, welfare and ethnic organisations, sporting clubs, historical societies, museums, show societies, local fire brigades and the like.

Queensland teachers and students who have been accepted into an overseas educational institution are eligible to receive one for presentation to that institution.

Applications may be made by emailing or writing to the electorate office. If you need more information regarding eligibility, please contact our office.

Parliament House tour bookings

Tours of Parliament House can be fun and informative, not just for school children but adults as well. BBQs and morning teas can be arranged too. If you wish to organise a tour, please contact the Electorate Office on (07) 5598 1387. If Jann is in Parliament on the day she may be able to meet your group and make your visit even more informative. If you want to find more information directly from Parliament House please click on this link for Parliament House tours.